After Dark by Haruki Murakami





For the first time I don't want to read a review of a book. Foe people who knew me, I would often ask what happen in a certain movie or book. I wanted to know the ending, I don't care being spoiled of he story. But Murakami's work made me change sides. After reading "after dark" I totally fell in love with his wordplay. I wanted to read all of his books first hand. This is so not me. I tend to read reviews, synopsis, and plots so that I'll have a gauge of the story is about, and I want to know the ending before reading a book. (really mental right?)

But I change for the better, suddenly I want that feeling of excitement, and wonder what will happen. I finished "After Dark" in one sitting  because it triggered my intellectual curiosity. It has the right blend of suspense, comedy, budding love story, family issue, and everything that me turn the page non- stop. I admire Murakami for his work and made me hate myself for reading his books only now. I don't have questions left hanging because he wrote it so marvelously that I love the flow of the story as well as the ending. Well, I love open ended endings because there is  place for your imagination to run wild.

Murakami is my new favorite next to Dan Brown, the authors who made my reading speed fast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SG Diaries DAY 1

BTS x ARMY